CAP provides Communication Access Real Time Translation Services (CART) for Department of Defense (DoD) deaf and hard of hearing employees who attend DoD job related courses lasting two days or longer not to exceed two weeks. CAP has specific requirements that must be met in order to provide CART services. All requests will be reviewed on a case by case basis and CAP may spilt the cost with the requesting offices.
Request a CART Services
CAP Request Forms for CART Services must be submitted 20 business days prior to the training/course. If you have any other questions or requirements regarding CAP funding of CART services, please email the CAP Assessment Team to request CART services.
CAP Guidelines on Communication Access Real Time Translation (CART) Services
- CAP funds CART services for DoD job related training sessions lasting two days or longer. Funds are not available for training sessions hosted by private entities. They are required by law to make their training sessions accessible.
- If a DoD job related course is conducted two days or longer. The total hours requested must be at least 16 hours.
- Please provide the following information when submitting a CAP request: (must be submitted 20 business days prior to the training/course):
- Copy of training/course description
- Copy of training/course registration
- Start and end dates
- Start and end times for each day
- Address of training/course
- On-site Point of Contact's (POC) information, including phone number and email address
- Any special instructions, such as: Security clearance interpreters needed; Logistics needs, such as parking arrangements, public transportation
- The requesting DoD agency must comply with the CART Services agency's cancellation policies (usually 48 or 72 hours). Please email the CAP Assessment Team at least one week (five business days) before the scheduled training/course, if you need to cancel. For reasons other than personal emergency, the requesting agency may be held responsible for any late cancellation fees.