Term and Temporary Appointments
The Computer/Electronic Accommodations Program (CAP) will provide assistive technology and services for employees with disabilities serving on term and temporary appointments, including through programs such as the Workforce Recruitment Program (WRP) and Pathways, for the Department of Defense (DoD) and partner agencies.
Only federal employees with disabilities or wounded, ill and injured Service members qualify for CAP services. If needed, CAP personnel will assist participants, program coordinators, and points of contacts by making recommendations.
Under this policy, CAP will provide reasonable accommodations to employees with disabilities serving on term and temporary appointments that have:
- Submitted a request at www.cap.mil
- Provided medical documentation including the nature, severity, and duration of the disability and describing the extent to which the disability limits performance (medical documentation is not required for WRP participants)
- Provided proof of the type of appointment (e.g. Signed Participant Agreement, Offer Letter, current Office of Personnel Management Standard Form 50, etc.)
If the appointment is 12 months or less, assistive technology is provided on a loan basis and, therefore, must be returned at the end of the appointment. CAP will ONLY provide appropriate accommodations that are listed on CAP’s Blanket Purchase Agreement List (BPA) or are under the micro purchase limit. Videophones are not listed on CAP’s BPA, however, they may be accommodated on a case by case basis.
Furthermore, CAP will not provide:
- Ergonomic chairs to temporary or term employees, including DoD
- Training on assistive technology for employees whose appointments are three months or less